Report an empty property

If you would like to report an empty home please contact your local council direct. Manny local authorities have dedicated empty homes officers or teams, but if not there is usually someone with responsibility for tackling empty homes. You should be able to get their contact details from the council’s website or general enquiries contact number.

It will be helpful if you can give the local authority as much details as possible, including:

the address of the empty property with post code;

how long you think the property has been empty and the state it is in;

anything you know about the name, address or whereabouts of the owner of the empty property.

If you are sending an email or postal letter, it can be helpful to include photos.

Please see our pages on “ask your local authority to act” for more information of what you can expect your local authority to do in response.



Share |